[ptx] hugin output formats

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Sat Jun 12 10:50:27 BST 2004

>Not many applications can read the multilayer tif files created by nona,
>just gimp 2.0 and cinepaint, as far as I know.

Image Magick can read and write this format as well. I tested it under
w2k and it works fine. It is also possible to combine Multiple Tiff's to
a single Multilayered Tiff. I tried this using convert -crop under w2k.
My intention was to crop the images before running enblend to speed up
enblends work. My example was a 3-row-pano, which had a large
transparent area at the bottom  There is no/little time advantage,
because the crop also takes some time. I'm not sure if enblend is clever
enough to use only the non-transparent areas - therefore cropping
transparent regions maybe useless at all?!

best, mike