[ptx] Managing the v line in the Optimizer's script

Neil Patterson neil at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 20 13:38:29 GMT 2004

Hello,
   I am new to PanoTools and even newer to Hugin. Forgive me if my
observation and query is being posted to the wrong forum. If so, advice
to where I may pursue this is appreciated.

I have a project of 40 images that when Pitch, Yaw and Roll for all
images is expressed, except the anchor, a very long 'v' line is produced
in Hugin. I believe I read somewhere that PTOptimizer.exe limits script
lines to 256 characters. Is that true?

When I select 'edit script before optimizing' then break up the v line
into multiple lines and Continue all goes well. If I do not, either the
parameters of the latest images are not optimized and Average distances
are somewhat large, or I receive the error message:
	'Conflict in script: Line x'
	'Multiple Instances of variable'
Line x is an Image description. And I suspect PTOptimizer has truncated
the v line and resolved two images with the same image number.

Maybe I am optimizing this large project in the wrong way. And should be
optimizing a few images at a time. If there is a line length
restriction, maybe hugin could generate multiple v lines.

Any advice anyone may have on my situation is welcome. Be kind, I'm a
newbie.

.../neil patterson