[ptx] texture synthesis gimp plugin

Tue Jan 20 13:16:48 GMT 2004

> I tried this plugin. Not very easy to use. I think that it needs to have a
> perfect knowledge how things work to get good results.
>
> But with you golden fingers, I guess you will turn lead to gold... again:o)

Adobe Photoshop has this kind of feature in it's latest versions.  I have used it quite extensively for filling in the corners of panoramas where it would otherwise be black (some idiot didn't take enough photos....).  It works extremely nicely and in an automatic fashion - very cool, very easy.

It's particularly good on stuff like extending a grassy slope, or road or pavement.