[ptx] Re: experiments with Dr.Lowe's SIFT demo

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sat Jan 17 09:18:46 GMT 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Frederic wrote:

> On Saturday 17 January 2004 02:49, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>
> > Here are some resulting panos I tested the SIFT features with:
> >
> > http://wurm.wh-wurm.uni-ulm.de/~redman/pano/autosift.jpg
> > Careful, 6 MB ahead. 15 2MP images, 2000 sift control points, 7 min
> > feature detection time,  ~10 control points deleted, 15-20 min
> > optimisizing, 8 minutes stitching (nona).

And all this with my 3 year old laptop (700Mhz, 320 MB RAM, slow disk).

> Amazing !!!
>
> Where did you shoot these pictures ? It looks like the Alpes...

Yes, I shot them last summer, in Appenzell, Switzerland. Its the middle of
the "Brülisau - Staubern - Hoher Kasten" hiking trail.

http://www.tourenguide.ch/f/randonnees/zurich/detail.php?touren_id=210

Very nice, but also may people around. Don't go there on the weekend.