[ptx] autopano #2, using SIFT

Fri Jan 16 11:19:13 GMT 2004

> I plan to release it under the GPL soon, but want to discuss this with Mr. Lowe
> first, as you all know the SIFT algorithm is patented.

I'm not not a lawyer, but I have heard someone comment that there may be a way to avoid patent conflicts by only distributing source code.  I have no idea as to why that would work, or under which juristrictions, however, worth persuing if you perhaps wanted to distribute some discussion in the form of code.