[ptx] autopano and multiple rows

Kevin kevin at bluelavalamp.net
Mon Jan 5 23:26:58 GMT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:03:24 +0100
Pablo d'Angelo <pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004, Kevin wrote:
>
> > 	I found a way to use autopan and create mosaics with it.  I'm sure
> > 	a perl
> > script could be written up to automate this, but I can only hack at
> > perl with a very dull butter knife.
> >
> > 	I had a 2 row X 3 column mosaic that I tested this with, here's the
> > 	steps
> > to do it.
>
> Did it actually work? how big was the HFOV of your images?

	Yea, it worked fine.  It was a small mosaic, only 26 degress HFOV.

> Hmm probably you could also feed all images into autopano like this:
>
> autopano project.pto [imgs of row1] [imgs of row2] [imgs of row3]
>
> autopano will try to match the last image of row1 with the first of row2
> and so on, which will probably fail. autopano could produce garbage
> points between these images that need to be removed by hand in hugin.

	That worked too!  I cut down the features to 8 instead of 100.  It found
features between all the images of each row, but no features between
different rows, so I didn't have to delete any control points.  All I
needed to do was add the control points between rows and it worked.

	Is the library that autopano uses capable of finding features between
images top/bottom?  Could autopano be expanded to find all the control
points for a mosaic?

	Thanks,
	Kevin