[ptx] hugin/nona zenith bug?

scholnik at radar.nrl.navy.mil scholnik at radar.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Feb 13 12:55:24 GMT 2004

> On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 07:15, scholnik at radar.nrl.navy.mil wrote:
> > I have a 2 row + zenith pano that I loaded into hugin and stitched
> > with both nona and PTStitcher.  PTStitcher seems to work fine, but
> > both nona and the hugin preview seem to lose the zenith image.  nona
> > claims to be remapping the zenith image, but it doesn't seem to make
> > it to the final image.  In the preview window it seems to be clipping
> > everything above some pitch.  Is this a feature or a bug?
>
> Adjust your vertical (and horizontal) field of view to suit; they are on
> the stitcher tab.  The scrollbars to the right and below the preview
> will let you adjust these values.  If you increase the vertical fov, it
> will bring more image into view at the top and bottom.  Don't worry
> about excess black area on the bottom; you can crop that out later.

I already have the view set to 360x180 degrees.  It's not a simple
clipping either; the zenith image is clipped at some pitch, let me
guess about 70 degrees, but the images in the top row are not clipped,
and actually extend above the remaining visible portion of the zenith
image.  I suspect that the same thing is happening in nona, but I
can't tell because the remaining zenith is masked out.  I suppose I
could stitch as a multi-layer tiff and find out for sure...

Dan Scholnik