[ptx] Some suggestions for hugin

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sun Feb 8 20:08:02 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 14:21, Bruno Postle wrote:
> These are not really bugs, just minor wish-list items, things that I
> notice every time I use hugin.  In no particular order:
> -  It's very difficult to remember the usage of different toolbar
>    buttons, it would be much clearer with icons+text style toolbars
>    instead of just icons.
>    I figured-out how to do this with xrc, I'll attach a patch.

I don't know if wx will follow the user's global preference for this,
but I hope that can be made switchable.

> -  I know there is a plan to redo all the buttons, but the only one
>    that is _really_ wrong is the 'update' icon in the 'Preview'
>    window which is a picture of a floppy disk.

Yes, my mistake, I put in the wrong name for the icon.  I had left it
"momentarily," and here it is a couple months later.

> -  Portrait orientated images get squashed and scaled very strangely
>    in the tiny previews on the 'Images' & 'Camera and Lens' tabs.

An all-portrait one-row panorama also can't estimate the vfov properly.
Which is a shame, because it's a popular way to make architectural
quickies.

> -  If there was a 'Stitch with nona' button on the 'Stitcher' tab,
>    then we could distribute a package with 100% open source
>    dependencies.

Amen.  I think nona needs to spit out progress information to feed the
progress bar, but that should be all that's required (that I know of) to
make it an alternative tool.

SRPMs would need to be built that don't depend, but can use, optional
stitcher packages like Helmut's pano12.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]