[ptx] autooptimize in current cvs

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Feb 5 22:04:57 GMT 2004

Hi!

I just commited a better version of "auto optimize" to cvs and add added GUI
support for it (nice progress dialog, with cancel option is still missing).

Using this function, it was possible to optimize my ulm_muenster_view
testcase, 3 rows a 8 images, see
http://wurm.wh-wurm.uni-ulm.de/~redman/gallery/pano_testcases/ulm_muenster_view
with a single click (correct hfov and lens distortion where provided).

Now the recomended optimisation procedure is:

select good anchor image and set the horizon (using "Adjust the anchor
spot"). the use the "positions (smart optimise)" optimisation mode.

This will start from the anchor image and optimise all neighbouring images,
using the already optimized images as anchor images (if they are connected
to the image to optimise). Vertical/Horizontal control points are not
considered during this "neighbour/pair" wise optimisation process.

After that, an normal r,p,y optimisation is done with all images.