windows compilation

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Sep 19 14:08:35 BST 2003

Hi,

> Hi Yili and Mike,
>
> do You have a command called "strip" inside Your unix toolset.

I'm quite sure that it is included in msys

> If yes this is an common way to remove all debugging symbols from code,
> resulting in an small releasseable executable.

The debug code contains additinal checks, which are not included when
compiled without debuggin. Therefore it is preferable to use the debug
version at least right now. strip leaves these check intact.

> You can everything build
> with the debugging symbols inside and remove them later if not needed.
> # strip hugin             or
> # strip hugin.exe         should do then.
>
> Hope this works for You.

good idea ;) the statically linked debug hugin.exe is usually > 30 MB
or so.