windows compilation

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Sep 19 10:40:08 BST 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Yili Zhao wrote:

> Hi,
>   Some comments about compilation on windows: if one want to compile hugin using
> wxWindows released version, he also should compile xrc lib using FINAL=1 arguments.
> Pablo does not note this in windows-compile.txt file, and it may be added to the file.

I know. but for development it is useful to use the debug version. And I
expect to see some differences between wxWindows on windows and linux,
so its good to have wxWindows errors reported as well.

When creating a release build, hugin and wxwindows should be compiled with FINAL=1, of
course.

>   When the code is stable (Pablo is changing code now), if possible, may you add me
> to the developed team?

You are welcome. probably its a good idea if you look at the sourcecode,
especially the panorama class first.

what are the main areas that you want to work on? Since you are a
our only windows user who want do develop, you could try it iron out
the bugs there first. wxWindows is a bit like the mfc, maybe a bit
cleaner.

the first step is to get an account on sourceforge.

>   One question: why we named it as hugin?

I was looking for a more interesting name than PTFreeGUI or something
like that. hugin is a raven from the norse mythology:

In Old Norse religion, Odin the Allfather had in his service two great
ravens. These ravens' names were Hugin (Thought) and Munin (Memory) and
flew around Midgard in search of news and information to return to the
mighty god. At the end of their journey they would sit on his shoulders
and whisper into his ears all that they had seen and heard