vigra - gropping

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Sep 18 14:46:27 BST 2003

Hallo Kai-Uwe!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann schrieb am Donnerstag, den 18. September 2003:

> Hi,
> at the moment I work on my images and must do it with the pre 14.September
> code.

What are the features you need most? ImageCenter, optimize
presets, or the preview window? I'll work on these, starting with a
preview window that uses some function from the pano tools library to do
the stitching, so that partial stitching is possible to speed up the
preview.

If the ImageCenter window is essential, I can probably make it working
in during the next few days

> I like to continue developing but dont know exactly when. By the way
> coding is not useful, as I expect much to do later while merging in the
> new hugin code.

There are some changes, but I think most things became simpler,
especially variable handling.

> The center tool is build mostly for fullframe fisheyes. Gropping and a
> simple 90° step rotation would be fine too.

I never had the need for rotation, since I usually rotate all the
pictures (with lossless jpeg transform) into the right orientation,
before using them for anything.

> Maybe mirroring is fine as
> well. Is this possible with current vigra inside hugin? You did not take
> all of vigra, what keywords may I grep for.

almost all stuff of vigra, execpt FFT and image loading/saving is
included. The documentatoin is at its homepage, but it quite confusing
on the first look.

Cropping shouldn't be hard to do. its just a loop that copies some
pixels and leaves out some others. But this will affect only the
pictures in the gui, not the ones used by PTSticher. I'll have to add
this to the Panorama class as well.