buggy HFOV calculation (hugin_2003_10_28-10_55_win32.zip)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Oct 30 15:19:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

> I think your Mail has accidently gone just back to me - I added the ptx-list,
> what hopefully was your intention.

Yes. Else I would have written in german :)

> >Hmm.. it should be either always the KB (KB = 35 mm film) value or the
> >real value, but not both. well, things get a bit more messy once multiple
> >lenses with different factors are used.. have to think about that.
>
> Hmm,
> maybe three fields (KB focal length, real focal length and HFOV) are a
> solution?!

I think I'll go for real focal length, multiplier and HFOV.

> needs to know these multipliers. Can become difficult for users with brandnew
> cams. Therefore 3 fields would be good.

The sensor size is encoded in the the exif info as well. Maybe the
first digicams didn't save that information.

> Yes, even if the value calculated and the value entered are in the same mode
> you will have problems due to 'rounded' values (Is that correct?! I mean
> 'Rundungsfehler') that will imply a small change everytime the corresponding
> field is tabbed again ...

jep. that true as well.. probably I shouldn't update the value if the text
hasn't changed.