landscapes in arizona?

Peter Suetterlin pit at dot.iac.es
Thu Oct 30 08:14:05 GMT 2003

Ed Halley wrote:

> Does anyone actually do a lot of landscape photography, or just the
> code that helps others take the shots?

Although I don't code at hugin and only sneak around here to give
comments now and then...
I was in Arizona in 2000, but at that time only had a small Canon
PowerShot A50.  I tried some panoramas, but only one ended up halfway
usable :-(  If you have Java enabled, you can look at it at
http://hst33127.phys.uu.nl/~pit/Pano/Chelly.html

> I'm gearing up for a safari to my childhood state of Arizona USA (dry
> desert climate), in December, and will be sure to get a lot of panoramic
> captures.  That's why I was so happy that hugin did the job for me.

Wow, I envy you.  THe landscape there is really marvelous.

> I wish I could find a 15mm lens to borrow but I'll be stuck with a
> 28-135 IS (that's 28 * 1.6 effective focal length on the Canon 10D).

This sounds like multi-row panos with a *lot* of resolution afterwards
:-)) I hope you'll share some of the results with us.
Cheers,

  Pit