wxWindows and C++ Builder X

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Oct 27 12:05:28 GMT 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, ylzhao at vip.sina.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>   I spent one week to attend a virtual reality conference in Beijing, China.
>   I find that Borland has informed wxWindows team that they will use
>   wxWindows to serve as the basic framework of C++ Builder X, which is a
>   cross plafrom product. I also find that C++ Builder X can support GNU C,
>   MinGW and other compilers, and it can run in Windows, Linux and other
>   OS.

The thing is that C++ Builder is probably not free... But its interesting
that they want to use wxWindows. Well, then gui programs written with
C++Builder will go through quite some interfaces before they reach the final
GUI Toolkit.. CLX (or how the borland gui interface is called) -> wxWindows
-> mfc/gtk.

Hopefully they will contribute back to the wxWindows library...