your mail

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Oct 22 13:22:11 BST 2003

Am 22.10.03, 13:28 +0200 schrieb Frederic:

> Why not ? There a some part of the code which need to remains in C++
> (speed), but all GUI part could be switched to python.

Frederic,
I remember from former discussions about installing phyton is an issue for
others than linux users. So we had to switch completely to wxPhyton or
stay with wxWindow.

For win one would need:
  - gcc
  - phyton
  - wxPhyton
  - mingw
with wxWindow we dont depent on an second language - as phyton would be.

Anyway can You take an hand of an first step for phyton integration.
Maybe You surprise us with an easy to handle and quick gui building
mechanism. It would be enough to have something optional for this in
hugin.

Kai-Uwe