Panorama stitchers, feathering, seaming etc..

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Sun Oct 19 21:29:21 BST 2003

[Cc'd to the panotools list since it's probably of-interest there
as well]

On Tue 07-Oct-2003 at 09:45:25 +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:

> I've been thinking about panorama stitchers, problems with the
> existing PTStitcher feathering technique and ways to make it better.
>
> This is an idea for a stitching/feathering system; I'm not
> suggesting that anyone should run off and write an implementation,
> but it's best to put these ideas in the public domain.
>
> The basic idea is to assign a 'credibility' index to every pixel in
> each source photograph and use this to decide which pixels to render
> when seaming.

I've done some tests and it seems to work kind-of ok, though there
are some problems I hadn't anticipated:

    http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/feathering/

Maybe somebody can use something like this to build a new stitching
tool?

--
Bruno