Another hugin tutorial - Vertical control points

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri Oct 17 13:52:49 BST 2003

On Fri 17-Oct-2003 at 01:49:23PM +0200, Frederic wrote:

> Here is the new french version.

Ok, updated.

> I was thinking about something: could it be possible to manage the
> documentations via cvs, and have it automatically updated in the
> web page (via php or cgi-script) ? This way, it could be easier to
> do the translations, and to correct it.

This is how it works with 'savannah', the web-site is a separate cvs
repository.  On sourceforge it seems that you just get a shell
account and have to figure it out from there.

The server does have a cvs command, so we could update the site from
cvs if all the pages were put into a cvs repository.

I only have one or maybe two more tutorials that I feel qualified to
create, so we should only set this up if the site is really going to
get much bigger.

Also the site doesn't need to have everything in every language -
It's not a big deal if there are German tutorials that don't have
English equivalents for example - It's also not that important that
translations are identical either.  Once hugin itself is translated
into French, the screenshots can't be shared between English and
French versions anymore and tutorials would have to be created
separately anyway.

> We should also have a look at xml stuff to do that. But I don't
> know how xml works in details. Do you ?

I've been making sure everything is simple XML/XHTML already, this
makes colour-schemes etc.. (if we decide to do that) easy to
implement with stylesheets.

--
Bruno