some errors

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Oct 15 20:44:36 BST 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

> > >  - is the 'focal length' entry doing something?
> >
> > same problem as above. try tab.
>
> Ah, now I see it.  Should there also be a 'reverse link', i.e., set
> the focal length if I specify the HFOV?

Not stictly needed, but could be nice to show users what the fov for a given
focal length is.

> > >  - I saw there's a new selector for choosing the projection mode for
> > >    the optimization.  Should there also be one for the size?  Or which
> > >    size is used, automatically the one from the panorama settings?
> >
> > The one from the panorama settings.
> > Hmm, not sure if the hfov and vfov, and image size influence the
> > optimisation result.
>
> Image size definitely should, as the error is reported in pixels.  If
> I double the size, also the reported errors double...

Hmm, well its only the pixel that changes, the t0 control points are
optimized in angular coordinates, so this shouldn't affect the result for
these.

Not sure if it changes things if one uses t1 and t2 control points.

> > But unfortunately, not time to work on hugin now.
>
> So success for your thesis work!?

Well, currently I just need the time.. and I'll be on vacation from Thursday
till Tuesday. Need some time away from computers :)