entry level documentation [Re: Position of Tabs]

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Fri Oct 10 14:00:15 BST 2003

>Yes, some introductionary documentation/tutorial is definately needed.
>If you want to contribute, your're more than welcome to do :)
>
>An english documentation would be nice, but if you prefer writing it
>in german its also welcome.

Ok,

I will start after the weekend. I can do it in english as well, but someone
has to reread it. My english is understandable, but with lot's of errors.

>The thing after the beta release will be the selection of an anchor
>image, ala PTAssembler, with a nice window to set the orientation
>graphically, an easier interface for the optimizer and a lens database.

Yes,
the PTAssembler solution is nice.

Im still not totally sure about the right way for optimisation. In most of
the times I get the best results while starting to optimise Y, P, R first and
later a, b, c (d, e). Would be nice to have optimisation subsets (only y, p,
r, or only a, b, c, etc.) and organise them in optimisation sets (run subset
#1, run subset #3, ) or something like that?! Maybe customisable - some kind
of this approach can be found in PTOpenGui on the Image Settings Tab.

I'm totally happy that multiple Tiff_no_mask works in hugin, because I use
Gimp and not Photoshop. This option never worked in PTOpenGui and is needed
to make a proper stitch with moving object (people) :-)

best, mike