Position of Tabs

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Oct 10 09:02:44 BST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Mike Runge wrote:

> The actual layout sequenze of gui tabs in hugin  is this one (from left to
> right):
> #1 Images
> #2 Lens Settings
> #3 Panorama Settings
> #4 Controlpoints
>
> This can be a litle bit confusing for a new user, who will work from left to
> right at first attempt.
>
> I would more like this sequenz:
> #1 Images
> #2 Lens Settings
> #3 Controlpoints
> #4 Panorama Settings
>
> - Controlpoints normaly have to be set before dimension calculation or
> stitching in 'Panorama Settings' works.

Yes, thats true. one can also easily forget the optimisation. Maybe I
should move it from its separate window into another tab.

#1 Images
#2 Lens Settings
#3 Panorama Settings (without output specific stuff)
#4 control points
#5 optimizer
#6 output panorama settings (size, fileformat)

> - You can easily forget to calculate Field of view after setting points and
> optimising.

Hmm, thats a problem. if one wants a linear way through the tabs
(probably desireable for first time users, with simple pano's), then
this should be in #6. But my intuition would put the field of view into
#3, together with the output projection, which is required for the
optimizer in #5.

Hmm. since one can also calculate the field of view and center the
panoram with the preview panel (see toolbar icons), it might be a
good idea to show the preview window after a successful optimizer run.

btw. does the optimizer result contain sensible values for the average
point distance etc.? on my last test on windows it only showed 0 for
all of these.

For more complicated panorama's, one has to refine stuff anyway and
needs to jump though the tabs...