Some errors

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Wed Oct 8 17:41:40 BST 2003

> > - (At least) the latest version seems to use the LANG setting for
> >   formating the print output for the control file.  Now, german uses a
> >   colon (,) for decimal point.  Of course, PTOptimizer&Co don't like
> >   that....
>
> I'm using a german locale too, but I didn't notice it so far. have to
> check why it occurs. and how to turn it off for the iostream classes.

I just re-checked it here with the latest version, however here on
this machine (SuSE 8.2) it's not a problem: Although the input fields
in the GUI use comma, the parameter file uses colons.
I'll have a look again at home - the problem yesterday was on my old
machine (SuSE 7.2).

> >   (*) did you improve the algorithm?  For the first ~100 points I
> >   didn't get a single failure, so I provoked one to assure me it *is*
> >   working... :-)
>
> No, the xcorr routine is the same since a few months. I changed the
> default parameters a few weeks ago, but thats all. Maybe youre picking
> better points with the new auto zoom in/out mode? :)

Not really, as before I was always using 100% mode.  But probably the
image data was better.

> is the fine tune fast enough for you?

Yes.  Never more than a second.  But the slowest I have is a dual
celeron 500.

  Pit