control point picker & list fixes

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Tue Oct 7 12:04:52 BST 2003

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Hi
>
> just commited a new mode for the control point picker:

As of today 11:30, the anonymous cvs section of sourceforge still
carries the hugin version of 2 days(?) ago.  At least, the new icon
stuff is not in yet :-(
After advise from Mike, I used the nightly tarball, which is nice and
up-to-date :-)

> if working with zoomed out images, the first click zooms to 100%.
>  there one can change the first point or go to the second window.

This is definitely very nice.

> then click on the second point (in zoomed out view).
> if aft is on:
>   if a good match is found, point is added, views are zoomed out again.

Hm, but in the zoomed-out view it's harder to tell if the match is
good.  Then again, wrong positions normally are way off and easy to
detect even in zoom-out.  So I'm probably just nitpicking..
But I see the the 'addanyhow button' is in now.  Thanks!

> if aft is off:
>   the first click zooms in, but doesn't create a control point yet.
>   the second click creates the control point and zooms out again.

This one I do like.
Hmm, maybe it's nor intuitive, but what about using right-mouse to
close, so you do have a chance to set/check points more than one time?

> I'm also thinking about adding a key to finally add the point instead
> adding it automatically, so that one can watch the auto finetune result
> and pop back to the zoomed out view after inspection or correction.

ACK.  Just don't use a key but right-mouse?

Now to the bad part.  Already mentioned by Mike, about the point list
display.  It's not only that the list cursor is no longer
automatically pointed to the last entered pair, but:
 - it's no longer that the color of the encircled points automatically
   changes, so you know the red one is the last pair.
 - even klicking on a point in the image display doesn't activate the
   list entry.  So if I want to remove a special point, I'll have to
   go klicking through the list and wait 'til the one I want to
   rease/chenge turns red...

Please(!) return that to the old behaviour!

> I also changed some list code, Pit, can you check if the crashes you
> reported still occur?

No, entries in the list are removed correctly.
I just had a crash when I loaded some images, deleted some, then
selected 'new' and tried to read-in 5 images in a bunch.  Just retried
it - crashed again, so seems to be reproducible.  Maybe try yourself.

Cheers,

  Pit