Vertical Field of View (multirow)

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Tue Oct 7 11:21:47 BST 2003

Pablo,

like you may already know:
The vertical field of view is not correctly calculated for all kind of
multirow panos, if the pano is vertically acentric.
In my case I often build panos with 2 rows.
row #1 is absolutely horizontal
row #2 is done with the cam looking towards the sky ;-)
So this will result in a pano with a lot of black at bottom (which is
correct), because the row with the reference image is the lowest row and it
is projected in the middle.

hugin seems to calculate the vertical field of view correctly, but in my case
I need to enlarge the value to get all picture information at the top of the
pano. Seems to be, that hugin does not take care about the values, I manuelly
key in and uses only the calculated values?!

best, mike