hugin crash and ideas

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Mon Oct 6 17:58:59 BST 2003

> > Lots of traffic here today ;^>
>
> *g* And I'm supposed to write on my diploma thesis ;)

Uuh.  Good luck :-)  So should be stay more quiet here?  *eg*

> > to scroll the images.  It would be nice to have an option, e.g. by
> > additionally pressing shift, to scroll *both* images (I normally do it
> > with the mouse wheel).
>
> Yep, I recognise the need for that. But maybe its not that important
> when there is a permanently zoomed display.

Hmm, maybe.  Then again, switching between two different sets of
windows that want to read mouse movements might be difficult.
How about an on-key zoom that works in-place, i.e., when you press a
modifier key in the fit-screen image, a zoomed part pops up below the
cursor and you can move/select in there? (a bit similar to e.g. xdvi)

> > Similar thing:  Often auto-fine-tune points are only slightly below
> > the threshold.  Maybe allowing to override the threshold with
> > shift-klick is a nice idea?
>
> Hmm, you could also just lower the threshold. I suspect that one would
> try shift every time no match was found...

I don't really want to lower the threshold permanently.  But when a
too-low value is met, I cannot see where the algorithm would have put
it.  Most probably it is quite often still correct, especially towards
the corners of the image where the correcaltion goes down due to
geometrical distortions.

> Hmm, have to consult the wxWindows documentation about that. But
> layouting is not the strength of wxWindows..

Well, then don't mind, and rather work on your thesis :-))

  Pit