auto-finetune

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Mon Oct 6 17:45:14 BST 2003

> One improvement would be remapping the template into the search area
> projection, so that it will actually fit better. This is definately
> needed for fisheye images, but wouldn't hurt for normal images as
> well, especially when the points are close to the borders

No, not only for fisheye images.  Already with Standard focal lengths
around 40mm (photo equivalent), there can be up to 20 or 30 degrees of
rotation between a feature in the two images.  That's why I try to
stay with point-like reference points, as close to the corners even
high-contrast structures might give you wrong aft results.

  Pit