PanoPoints

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Sun Oct 5 08:00:20 BST 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 17:54, Yili Zhao wrote:
> Hi Smith,
>    After installing RH9 on my pc, I will give it a try.
>    Why do not you integrate panopoints into hugin?

I'd already taken the time to learn the Panotools script syntax, and
came up with a working method for making panoramas using the command
line.  What I lacked was a good way to select and edit control points.
So I wrote it.  I don't know that much about hugin, but it's wxWindows
roots seem to make it rather incompatible with a Perl-Gtk program like
PanoPoints.  If there is a Gtk port of hugin, I can certainly suggest
some good techniques (I borrowed heavily from the Gimp and Gthumb, both
C Gtk programs).  If I ever dug deeply into Panotools, I'd probably try
to rewrite the core stitching library to make it faster, more plug-in
friendly, and fully open (e.g. in the way PTOptimizer/PTStitcher are
not).

Thanks for trying it.

JD