preview and final pano

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Thu Oct 2 17:01:03 BST 2003

  Hi!

I'm just playing a bit with hugin, and two things puzzle me:

1) How is 'vertical line mode' supposed to work?  I choose two
   (different) points in the left and right image that are supposed to
   be on a vertical line?  Before, I was always using one point as
   reference and many other points to lie on a line...
   Also, it's a bit irritating that for each new point, the selection
   jumps back to 'normal' so I have to set it back to line for every
   single point pair...

2) Even more irritating:  I ran optimize, pressed 'update preview' and
   then went to the panorama tab and pressed 'stich'.  However, the
   resulting pano looked different from the preview.  I scaled it down
   to ~ the size of the preview and did a screen shot (attached).
   While the left house edge looks vertical in the previev, it does
   not in the pano.  Also, you can clearly see a jump in the
   horizontal stipe along the house that looks smooth in the preview.
   Are both using different code?

Cheers,

  Pit