hugin under debian woody

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Thu Oct 2 14:52:05 BST 2003

Frederic wrote:
> On Thursday 02 October 2003 13:01, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>
> > > Hmm, who decides what 'good combinations' are?  I don't want to be
> > > forced to take my shots in a fixed sequence...
> > > For full spherical panos I have something like 30-40 shots...
> > > (That will be a problem even with just simple tabs, I'm afraid - I
> > > didn't test it with hugin so far).
> >
> > It should work, you might have to scroll that tabs. I hope it is the
> > same on all platforms...
> >
> > Hmm, do you have an idea how to cope with that many images better than
> > with tabs?
>
> I think that you can't load 40 picture in random order: even with tab, you
> will spend a lot of time to find what pictures have common area.
>
> Maybe adding move buttons in Images tab, allowing to set the good order of
> pictures ? Then, the pre-selected comb-box should work...

No, still not.  E.g., if you have a multi-row pano, you need to know
how many are in one row, is the next row above or below the first one etc.

Hm, of course, one could compute this combo-box based on the initial
positioning of the images, i.e., if yo give them approximate yaw/pitch
and FOV.  In that case you know which images are supposed to overlap.

Still, I'd like to see the simple image tabs, and maybe have an
additional selection option (maybe via drop-down menu?) to select
those pairs.
In that case, maybe also indicate wether there have already been
CP defined for each combination.

  Pit