compliation errors (wxwindows' xrc) + propositions and questions

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri May 30 16:23:05 BST 2003

On Fri 30-May-2003 at 03:19:20PM +0200, Marek wrote:

>  I tried to compile hugin cvs and I get some error messages. First of all I
> run plain slackware 9.0 (I'm probably going to move on to slak 9.1(-current)
> soon).
>
>  Since I couldn't find slak wxwindows package I compiled it myself (2.4.0 for
> GTK) by ./configure --prefix=/usr ; make ; make install .
>
>  After I installed it and tried to compile hugin it gave me an error message
> that it needs wxxmlres.h (something like that) so I went into wxwindows dir
> into  ./contrib/src/xrc and additionally to above installation did make ; make
> install. Is that how it should be compiled?

That's right, xrc doesn't get compiled by default.

>  Now hugin compiled (through make only not qmake ; make as INSTALL file says)
> but when I run it I get "XRC resource: cannot get bitmap for 'bitmap'". Then I
> lookied into the source and changed ./src/hugin/xrc/main_tool.xrc - replaced
> every "<bitmap>images/" with "<bitmap>../images/". And it worked - I don't
> know if that's the proper way to do this?

The current cvs compiles but is basically non-functional.  There is
a lot of stuff that was working before which needs to be fixed to
work with wx.

>  Also it would be nice if sf.net project admin started forums there. The
> forums on sf are really nice and as apposed to this list they are searchable.

You can download an mbox file of the list archives, this is quite
searchable.

>  I noticed the DOS end-of-lines in code - is it developed on windows? what do
> you use to develop it? will it require qt (I see qtgui in the development tree)?

Currently there are two working tools:

    ptopengui - built on windows using borland c++

    hugin - built on linux with qt

They are in the process of being changed into a single hugin that
uses wx instead of qt.  The idea is that it will be developed for
linux and windows concurrently.

--
Bruno