make issues

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue May 27 14:22:25 BST 2003

On Tue 27-May-2003 at 10:14:10AM +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> With later rpm generation for unix packages (Bruno?) we can spread
> it in the whole filetree around on standard places.

Yep, `make install` should use PREFIX=/usr/local by default.

rpm and deb would install stuff into places like these:

    /etc/hugin.conf
    /usr/bin/hugin
    /usr/share/hugin/xrc/main_frame.xrc
    /usr/share/doc/hugin-1.0/README

It's easier to create the RPM spec file if the project uses
autoconf/automake, but it's not a big deal otherwise.

pteditor and ptpicker have resource paths hard-coded - This is a big
drag since they can't be recompiled and means that they can never be
packaged properly.

I think that PTStitcher has the same problem with the 'Templates'
path, though we could probably fix this with a hex editor ;-).

--
Bruno