template matching (semi-automatic finding of control points)

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue May 13 01:51:51 BST 2003

On Mon 12-May-2003 at 10:07:54 +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> On Mon 12-May-2003 at 08:18:46PM +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> > I just checked it into the current cvs, so that people can play
> > with it :) and give some feedback.
>
> try again now.

Now it compiles ok (it acquired a couple more dependencies too:
libxml2-devel ImageMagick-c++-devel).

I've had a bit of a play with the auto control point selection.  It
works very well; I assume it is comparing all possible rectangles in
the second image and selecting the best match - So there is none of
the rotational transformations that ptopengui does?.

This _could_ be very automated, even for fisheye sources; the user
would first have to roughly position the images though, since trying
all possible rotations &c might get very slow.

--
Bruno