GUI development / image processing library

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sun Jun 1 21:31:42 BST 2003

Please read what I wrote about vigra:

> > It is released under an Artistic like license. Basically I only need the
> > image processing stuff right now, which is just a bunch of
> > headers (because
> > its all template based). Importing and exporting images (for debugging ;)
> > requires a lib, but I can use the wxwindows functions for it
> > instead. It can
> > therefore be included into our source without requiring the user to
> > install vigra on the system.

So I only need the headers! no library whatsoever. when I start using
the import/export functions of vigra, then I need a library and libtiff
etc. The same if I start using FFT transforms, then I need libfftw. but
I don't think I will. and even if, it could be included in the source
tree and linked into the executable.

so this adds no new requirements for the normal user! It just needs an
up to date c++ compiler with sound template support. That can be taken
for granted, I think.