hugin comments

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Jul 23 14:06:32 BST 2003

Am 23.07.03, 00:51 +0200 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:

> Speaking of the lens tab, I have some ideas as well:
> Right now the Image <-> Lens mapping is not very intuitive. I'm thinking
> about a tab with two listviews. (one for the lenses, and one for the
> images). It is also a killer if one wants to optimize some specific lens
> settings, because he will have to change optimization flags through for
> all lenses, with selecting them by using the Lens combobox.

A user should select a group of lenses and edit only a few variables wich
get assigned. For applying lenses he can use the upper right selector.

> Inherit setting should only be possible for each lens, since it
> doesn't make sense to link two different lenses together (at least to
> me).

Agree.

> On the code side, I have also noticed that there are many small
> LensEdit::dChanged(), LensEdit::aChanged() ... and so on functions.
> I would use three lensChanged() function:
>
>  - LensVariableChanged(), uses UpdateVariablesCmd to set image specific
>                         variables
>  - LensChanged(), uses ChangeLensCmd, to change the Lens itself.
>                         The Panorama class will then automatically
>                         change the Variables in all affected images.
>                         This is also the command where the links
>                         should be set (links are global for all
>                         "instantiations" of a lens)
>
>  - LensForImageChanged(), uses SetImageLensCmd, to change the lens of an
>                         image.

I have to sort out the source of an event to react specifically and assign
only the specific change to the selected lenses.

I see, I had arrised some trouble for the hugin behaviour, while not using
PanoCommand(s) clearly. Hope, I can finish changing this soon, to get the
ui/internal splitting right up again  ;-)

Kai-Uwe