[ptx] Separate Optimizer/Stitcher Package?

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed Dec 17 11:46:58 GMT 2003

On Tue 16-Dec-2003 at 07:27:32PM +0100, alexandre jenny wrote:

> My vision for the future of hugin, ptoptimizer and stitcher is deeply
> bounded with the structure of the code.
> I hope to get a small core of essential tools for making panorama in a
> package (which actually is called 'panorama').

Just elaborating (correct me if I'm wrong):

This 'panorama' library is a modern version of 'pano12', but written
in C++; hugin and nona will soon no longer depend on Helmut's old
pano12 library - A future flexible optimiser can use this 'panorama'
library too.

So, my clone of PTOptimizer using pano12 is just a temporary
solution that is mostly interesting to people who prefer to run
exclusively Free software or can't use an existing pre-compiled
PTOptimizer (osX users).

--
Bruno