[ptx] better control point ui (was release version 0.4?)

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Dec 13 02:45:56 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 20:59, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Luca Vascon wrote:
> > Poor control point selecting-add controlpoint interface (I simply do not
> > understand..)
>
> Hmm, I'm definately faster than with the other programs ;) But sofar, most
> people I talked with liked the control point selector.

I think we could document this and consider ways to make it easier, but
my current favorite method is this:

  Zoom: 100%
  [X] auto fine tune
  [X] auto add
  [X] auto estimate

  Click on left image, click near same feature on right image.
  Point is placed and fine-tuned on its own.
  Repeat.

For adding plumb guides (vertical or horizontal pairs), I think we can
do MUCH better.

  Select image N for left pane, and the same image N for right pane.
  Click on left image, click on right image.
  If delta-x is greater than delta-y, assume this pair is a horizontal.
  If delta-y is greater than delta-x, assume this pair is a vertical.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]