[ptx] Seams

Kevin kevin at bluelavalamp.net
Fri Dec 12 18:19:53 GMT 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:58:33 -0500
Ed Halley <ed at halley.cc> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 11:16, Kevin wrote:
> > 	I'm wondering what you do when you have seams in your images?  I'm
> > 	using
> > manual settings for aperature and shutter speed so they don't change,
> > but sometimes I still get seams.
>
> Without samples, we can only guess your results.

	Ok, I've got samples if you or anyone else can take a look.  The camera is
a Canon 10D and the lens was the 28-135IS.  Camera was set to manual mode
with these settings (from EXIF which is the same in both pictures):

Flash used   : No
Focal length : 80.0mm  (35mm equivalent: 127mm)
CCD width    : 22.66mm
Exposure time: 10.000 s
Aperture     : f/13.0
ISO equiv.   : 200
Metering Mode: matrix
Jpeg process : Baseline

	With the four control points I'm using I'm getting:

Ave Cntrl Pt Dist:  0.345730
Standard Deviation: 0.375622
Maximum:            0.561682

	So the images are matching up pretty good.  I've put all the images up on
the web so you can take a look if you want:

http://www.bluelavalamp.net/hugin/

	There is the two original image files, the panorama (seams.JPG), a crop of
just one seam (seam_crop.jpg), another one where I played with the levels
so you can see it more clearly (seam_enhanced.jpg), and then the project
file.

	Thanks,
	Kevin