[ptx] hugin 20031124, 360 degree panorama: how to get rid of the curvature?

Sebastian scut at nb.in-berlin.de
Sun Dec 7 14:18:43 GMT 2003

Hi Bruno and list,

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:10:38PM +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:

> > The hugin panorama wizard says I should add some horizontal/vertical
> > lines, which I did, but still its bend. I then tried to not stitch the
> > leftmost and the rightmost picture together, which yields a much lower
> > average distance for optimization and reduces the bending somewhat, but
> > still its quite curved.

> Possibly the value for horizontal field-of-view isn't accurate.  Have you
> calculated the field-of-view of your lens? (hugin reads this value from
> the EXIF data written by the camera, but it isn't always correct)

Following your advice, I retrieved the correct FOV for my camera (Sony DSC
P-10), which has an "equivalent focal length" of 38mm for the pictures I
took. That results in an angle of around 48 degrees. Previously I used 40.
This change helps a bit.

> You could try the full circle of 11 pictures again and optimize "Positions
> and View (y,p,r,v)" instead of "Positions (y,p,r)".

Indeed that did solve almost all my problems! This is it! :)

Now, I just have minor issues with colors and ugly visible boundaries, but I
guess thats another question. The main problem is solved, thanks!

> Bruno

ciao,
Sebastian

--
-. scut at nb.in-berlin.de -. + http://segfault.net/~scut/ `--------------------.
-' segfault.net/~scut/pgp `' 5453 AC95 1E02 FDA7 50D2 A42D 427E 6DEF 745A 8E07