[ptx] Transform from pano12

alexandre jenny alexandre.jenny at le-geo.com
Tue Dec 2 08:42:34 GMT 2003

Hi pablo,

> Its the coordinate transform functionality from math.c
> The concept of having small transforms and stacking them is
> nice, but probably slow in the current implementation. I can
> think of two ways:
>
> 1. also use a transform stack approach, with functions similar to pano
>    tools, and provide hand written functions for the most important
>    transformations, like rect -> rect, erect -> rect, cyl -> rect
>    cyl -> fisheye, erect -> fisheye and so on.
>
> 2. invest some more time to implement a template based approach to
>    the transformation stack and hope the the compiler will
> optimize well
>    across all these templates.

I think my first step will to isolate the functions that are called from
Hugin to pano12 and create a small file with just the needed stuff to
compile.
Then I will study how to revamp the code to perfectly match what's inside
hugin.

OT : We have 2 files called PanoToolsInterface.cpp and it should be great to
rename
one of them as it makes some problems in visual.

Alexandre