[ptx] Feature request: Aligning pictures over time

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Mar 13 21:53:50 GMT 2006

 Frederic> Hello group
 Frederic> It's me again on the same subject (I posted a question on this same
 Frederic> subject on February 7 2006).

 Frederic> I have been playing with this using a few sequence of photos, and I
 Frederic> came to think that Hugin could probably make the whole operation
 Frederic> easier and maybe even add a few extra features. So here is what I
 Frederic> thought.

 Frederic> Currently, the operation involves the following steps:
 Frederic> 1- adjust all the pictures as you would do with a panorama
 Frederic> 2- save the pto file
 Frederic> 3- for each picture in the sequence,
    3a- load the pto
    3b- remove all the pictures except the one to correct
    3c- run the stitcher
    (3d- do NOT save the pto file!)

 Frederic> The 3a-3b-3c steps are cumbersome, especially if you have a lot of
 Frederic> pictures in the sequence (I applied this method to a sequence of 15
 Frederic> pictures). I think Hugin could take care of the 3a-3b-3c steps
 Frederic> automatically, probably with little programming.

I agree with this. Sometimes it would be nice to "disable" a photo
from the process, but without having to remove it.

dmg

--
Daniel M. German                  "The vitality of language lies in
                                   its ability to limn the actual,