[ptx] x64 benchmarks

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Mon Jan 16 08:17:13 GMT 2006

Hal V. Engel wrote:
> On Sunday 15 January 2006 10:04 am, Marek Januszewski wrote:
>> Marek Januszewski wrote:
>>> Hello,
> I think the real bench mark would be to setup a machine with more than 4 gig
> (say 8 or 16) and then compare stitching performance of a huge pano on the
> order of say 100 or 150 images.   Under those conditions I am sure that the
> 64 bit setup would blow the doors off of the 32 bit setup.

cropped tiff output might help here, but i believe hugin would fail to
produce any meaningful output with >100 images from a recent digital
camera :)

i had a pano of ~40 pics and without cropped tiff output hugin just kept
hitting 2gb boundary for a single process on 32b platform (at lest
that's how pablo explained this o me :) ).

so, unless a workaround is implemented, 150 pic pano might just fail to
build on 32b system at all (though you can always downscale source images)
--
  Rich