[ptx] panoramic pictures color adjustments

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 16 01:46:13 GMT 2006

I am actually thinking about this, and I think the best solution, in
my opinion, would be to output to a photoshop file in which the
correction curve is added as a layer, leaving the image intact. The
question is, how do we learn about the photoshop format?

Actually, given my workflow, and the fact that histogram analysis
depends on having almost identical data in the overlapping layers (too
many ghosts might have a bad effect on the computation) the ideal
input, in my opinion, is a PSD file with layers each with a mask. The
output would then be a photoshop file too.

Input:   Photoshop files with layers and masks

Output: Photoshop file with same layers (ideally with an adjustment
         curve layer on top of each layer)

 Philippe> Hello everybody,
 Philippe> I'm happy to see the awaken of color correction in many projects. The
 Philippe> silence about this was my main motivation for writting the small
 Philippe> program that i have send to Pablo.

 Philippe> It's not intended to be a tool for non-computer-aware people, but I use
 Philippe> it as a small testbed for testing ideas. As I previously said to Pablo,
 Philippe> I will try to compute many-image-corrections in one exec (maybe
 Philippe> following Daniel M German lineguide algorithm.

 Philippe> As a programmer, I prefer modular approaches. I think that making small
 Philippe> utilities is more flexible. Maybe making competing programs, but
 Philippe> aggreeing on a minimal common command-line syntax could be a good
 Philippe> point ?

 Philippe> See you in one week or two, because its exam time in my university, and
 Philippe> i have a lot of urgent work
 Philippe> Philippe Thomin

--
Daniel M. German                  "A person may cause evil to others
                                   not only by his actions