[ptx] Colour correction in PTmender,

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Thu Jan 12 12:44:00 GMT 2006

 Pablo> Daniel M. German schrieb:

 Pablo> Its just that color correction is one of most important things for the
 Pablo> users, since its the most important nona doesn't support ;)
 Pablo> (well, besides morph to fit, but iirc that is already inside pano12.dll)

 >> It is getting there. Since last night I am computing properly the
 >> histograms for a 6 image panorama. I am having trouble, thought, given
 >> 2 histograms, then compute the transformation curve. That is where I
 >> am now. The problem is that I still don't understand the algorithm, so
 >> I am doing it blindly.

 Pablo> I'm I tried understand the code you checked in yesterday night, but I didn't
 Pablo> succeed. Unfortunately, the webpage doesn't contain details about this.. :(

thanks Pablo, your explanation certainly helped.  I have greatly
improved the readability of the code, search for ComputeAdjustmentCurve.

The good news is that, for 2 images, it correctly computes the
correction curve. What it does not do, however, is to correctly
compute the corrected histogram (RemapHistogram function).

Also, would somebody please run the following script
(http://w.cs.uvic.ca/~dmg/temp/Project2.txt) using Helmut's sample
pictures (http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/cbcorrect/cb.html). I
would greatly appreciate it. I only need the output Debug.txt.

thanks a lot!

--
daniel