[ptx] [Fwd: panoramic pictures color adjustments]

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed Jan 11 14:19:11 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Phillipe Thomin wrote:
> Dear Pablo,
>
> I use hugin for some month, and I find it very comfortable compared to
> hand-made script editing for Dersch's Panorama Tools.
>
> I am using an amd64 computer,so I do not longer use the old 32 bits
> Panorama Tools library, so I loss the color correction capabilities it
> offered.
>
> This is why I wrote a small utility to do color adjustements. I followed
> the ideas exposed by H. Dersch in his article at
> www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/cbcorrect/cb.html. The program is very
> raw, but it may be useful to you and the open software panorama
> pictures community. It take two pictures,  and produce a third one that
> is a corrected version of the second.
>
> I joined the source code. I developped it on a Linux testbed ; I do not
> try to compile it on another environnement. It should be compiled with
> libtiff4. Tell me if you find it interesting.

I have added this utility to the hugin CVS, it can be found under
src/tools/color_correct_tiff

It'll be interesting to see how the color correction in PTmender compares to
this, because they are based on different algorithms. color_correct_tiff
uses a linear gray value transformation, while PTStitcher (and hopefully
soon PTmender) use a graduation curve, which should be more accurate.