[ptx] [Fwd: Re: panoramic pictures color adjustments]

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 9 09:44:06 GMT 2006

 Gerhard Gaussling twisted the bytes to say:

 Gerhard> Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 22:08 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:
 >> Hmm, both have advantages. Having many small utilities (like the
 >> netpbm package, or the pfstools) will increase the flexibility of the
 >> system. However it is sometimes harder to use them directly, and one
 >> has to spend some more diskspace for temporary results (which many
 >> times should not be saved as 8 bit images, but as 16 bit or float
 >> format).
 Gerhard> Hi Pablo,

 Gerhard> I think that, one can put them together in hugin?
 Gerhard> Ok, copying huge files through pipes might be not the best memory
 Gerhard> handling. But I like the modular idea, because of the advantages of
 Gerhard> it's flexibility.

PTStitcher, at least, creates lots of temporal files. Its design is
modular: one step creates temp files that the next uses. Then it
erases them at the end.

How about a dual approach: embed the code in the apps, but also make
it available stand alone?

dmg

 Gerhard> ciao

 Gerhard> Gerhard

--
Daniel M. German                  ""Geek" is a badge of honor."
                                    Eric Schmidt, CEO of Novell