[ptx] GUI layout change + Multithreaded remapping added to CVS

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sun Jan 8 18:55:14 GMT 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 07:12 am, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have reorganized the GUI a little bit, the lens tab was becoming too
> crowded with the vignetting correction.
>
> Also, support for multithreaded remapping has been added to hugin and nona.
>
> The number of threads that should be used during remapping
> can now be selected in the preferences panel, or with -t arguments of nona
> and nona_gui.
>
> Does anyone know how to determine the number of CPUs and cores per CPU on
> windows, linux and mac?
>
> ciao
>    Pablo

Don't know about Windows and Mac but on Linux the CPUs are listed in /dev/cpu.
With an X2 amd64 "$ ls /dev/cpu" return the directories "0    1".  So take
the highest number and add one.  This might also be true for hyperthreaded
machines such as P4s.

Finding the number of CPUs on the machine is a good idea but I think the user
should be able to specify the number of processors that they want to use up
to the number available in the machine since they might want to leave
resources free for other tasks.