[ptx] Display gamma (was:Vignetting correction in nona)

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 13:20:42 GMT 2006

Hi there,

--- pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> seems like my last reply was somehow messed up, and most of my reply is
> missing..
>
> > Just a quick question before I get too deep into coding:
> > We use a forked version of Vigra 1.2.0. Latest version of Vigra is 1.4.0
> > which apart from
> > anything else is the first version to be MIT licensed. I was thinking that it
> > might be a good
> > idea to update to this version, forward porting the changes you've made of
> > course. It might
> > also make it easier to submit changes upstream. Thoughts?
>
> Yes, this should be done.
>
> Further steps to icc support should be:
>
> 1. take the vigra impex library and merge it into the vigra 1.4.0 library.
>    The version shipped with enblend should be used here, because it already
>    contains support for reading ICC profiles.

I will be using the code from enblend. It reads icc profiles from TIFF only at this point but
adding JPEG and PNG support will be relatively easy. I'll keep the src/foreign/{vigra,
vigra_impex} structure for now (as opposed to the /include/vigra and /src/impex in the vigra
distribution) but submitting patches should still be simple.

> 2. use this in the hugin project
> 3. submit patches upstream
>
> 4. implement color management functionlity in hugin/nona.

Once we have equivalent functionality with vigra 1.4.0 and passthrough of icc profiles, full
colour management will be my next goal.

> 5. remove vigra from hugin cvs once the official version carries the
>    needed functionality.
>
> I'm currently busy with the vignetting correction code, so if you want to start
> working on this, please feel free to do so.

Will do so :-)

regards,
Doug