[ptx] Display gamma... and colour management

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 22:30:01 GMT 2006

Am 03.01.06, 22:39 +0100 schrieb Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh):

> Very interesting.
> But the problem is as well with the (potential) suppliers as with our brave
> old X system.
> X is not really designed with colour management in mind. Maybe it is a bit (!)
> old?

Well I would call X proven. There are only few people working on
basic colour management stuff. To modernice X in this regard needs man
power, not a new start from ground up.

X is just a platform for modular components. The ICC profile in X is
allready on the way. It allowes applications to fetch the monitor
information if available. You can read more at http://www.oyranos.org to
see an example for.

With Cairo and its opengl backend glitz you can do what one would expect
from a modern system.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management