[ptx] vignetting function estimation

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 6 06:13:32 GMT 2006

On Feb 5, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> 2. Graphical display of vignetting correction polynomial.
> 3. Feature to optimize this polynomial based on the overlapping
> images.
>    This function can only estimate the polynomial for the quotient
> approach
>    right now.
>
>    I will post a tutorial on this later (in a week or two).

Very cool.  I look forward to trying it out.  One possibility for
corrections which should be stable, especially these vignetting
correction features, is to average many many results from different
panos.  A possible means of doing this is to read/write a small file
which just lists the parameters along with how many different values
were averaged to arrive at them, and then allow users to "read and
average" with the current fit.  Eventually the values averaged in
this way should stabilize (assuming you don't mix focal length etc.).
The user can obviously do this herself by hand as well, assuming the
parameters are visible/available.

JD