[ptx] Hidden feature in Hugin?

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Aug 14 22:14:38 BST 2006

On Mon 14-Aug-2006 at 08:05 +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> > after having worked with hugin for quite a long time now I today had a
> > strange experience with it. When I was working through the controls points
> > in the according tab I accidentally hit the g-key (instead of the f-key
> > for fine tuning).

> I have added it for the TCA correction (see the tutorial on the hugin
> webpage). As you have noticed it just creates points by finding edges in one
> image and calculating the positions in the other image, without matching the
> images.

This function is quite usable, but aside from putting it in the gui
it could use a couple of tweaks:

After creating the control points they should be fine-tuned and the
bad matches automatically deleted.

After fine tuning, the two images could be optimised together (using
just the new group of control points), the error distances can be
used to discard some more control points.

--
Bruno